Views
Helpful
Replies

Redundancy with Sup720

Derek McCormick
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I am having with 2 Sug720 -10G modules for a 6509 chassis. The standby supervisor is coming up as unknown status and the reduancy is showing as down when i do a show redundancy state.. The config I have applied is below

redundancy

keepalive-enable

mode sso

main-cpu

auto-sync running-config

Am I missing a command? Is anybody having similar issues with these supervisor modules?

5 Replies 5

Mark Yeates
Level 7
Level 7

Derek,

Are you able to console into the standby supervisor and make sure it not stuck in rommon.

HTH,

Mark

the second supervisor is stuck in rommon.

Is tehre a way around this?

You can type the command "boot". I would also make sure the config-register is correct on your standby supervisor to make sure it doesn't sit in rommon upon reboot. type "confreg 0x2102" in rommon, then type "reset".

Mark

i have tried this and this does not boot the switch. I presume the image is corrupt. Is there a way around this? can i not copy the image from the primary sup to the backup sup

Is there a command to do this?

Not from rommon. what is the output of "dir bootflash:"? Also if you have a compact flash card you can copy the IOS from the primary and boot the standby from the CF card. If not you may need to use xmodem to load a bootable image from rommon.

Mark

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card