cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CPE / ISP Multilink PPP configuration problem

swensonj
Level 1
Level 1

We have 2 ADSL PPPoA. Configured to be bonded via Multilink PPP. Seems only one of the lines is active. I have attached the configs for both the 2801 and the 7206. Need help figuring out how to get both to function. We have this at Tac presently but they are having problems with it as well.

4 Replies 4

Giuseppe Larosa
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hello Jason,

try to use under each virtual-template interface on the cpe

ip unnumbered multilink3

also I've found example where an ATM point-to-point interface is used

So another suggestion is to use point-to-point ATM subifs also on the CPE as you use them on the backbone router

This is important for the routing protocols also to have the same type of subinterface on both sides

see

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/routers/access/1700/software/feature/guide/1700ADSL.html#wp31205

Hope to help

Giuseppe

Hello Giuseppe,

I have attached an update of the suggested changes. Could you give it once over and provide any feed back. We want to put this in place in the morning on site at two locations.

Thanks Jason

Hello Jason,

I think it is fine.

just one note:

the ip unnumbered multi3 command will override the no ip address command under the two virtual template interfaces.

So don't worry about this it is normal

Hope to help

Giuseppe

Thanks Giuslar,

We'll inputting the changes on site in the morning.

Jason

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card