Views
Helpful
Replies

WAAS Central manager needed ?

menghou_1980
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I'd like to place two WAE-612 appliances on both sides of my WAN network to accelerate TCP-based applications, but I'm not sure whether or not I need a WAAS central manager to get these two WAE-612 to work. could someone help to clarify this question ? thanks!

By the way, if a central manager is needed, can I use one of the WAE-612,say, the one in core network as central manager ? this feature is controlled by license or what ?

4 Replies 4

ropethic
Level 4
Level 4

In version 4.1 central manager needed to for CIFS advanced optimiazation features; prepostion, print services, etc.

The central manager is used for all reporting functions, central configuration for devices and / or device groups.

Without the use of the central manager you will have configure using CLI as opposed to the CM GUI. WAAS WAEs power up with a default application policy however if there are home grown applications running on specific tcp ports you wil have to configure as well.

CM manager is not required, traffic will optimize based on default policies. However it is a strong Cisco recommendation to use the central manager. Without one, troubleshooting optimizations and connections will be very difficult.

You cannot use the 612 for both WAE and accelerator.

The WAVE274 is the recommeded platform for CM and will manage up to 1000 nodes.

I strongly suggest to install a CM

Understood, thanks.

We have WAE with v.4.1.1c; we have configured basic config but we are unable to take a GUI console (i.e. https://ip:8443).

Will u pls help me in this case...

shafagh
Level 1
Level 1

Cisco TAC does not support your installation without central manager :)

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: