cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

1760 and WIC-4ESW

AGSamalot
Level 1
Level 1

I am having trouble with a 1760 router as it is not recognizing a brand new WIC-4ESW. The IOS was recently upgraded. The slot it is being connected to was tested with a different card and has been shown to work. Any help in this matter would be appreciated. I am including output for 'sh ver' command. Thanks in advance.

5 Replies 5

Jon Marshall
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

The WIC-4ESW needs as a minimum 12.3(2)XC. This has been merged into 12.3T train -

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/hw/routers/ps221/prod_bulletin09186a00801c437a.html

I suspect what you need to do is upgrade your IOS to a 12.3T version.

Jon

Current version is 12.3(26) Release Software (fc2) is this not recent enough?

Alex,

No, 12.3(26) is not enough. You need a minimum of 12.3(14)T7 or higher, that is 12.4(x) or 12.4T to support the WIC.

Regards,

Arul

*Pls rate all helpful posts*

Thanks for the help ajagadee. Would you happen to know the name of the bin file required for the upgrade?

Alex,

Since the router is currently running an IPBase Image, you should be safe going to an IPBase Image in 12.4. Since, 12.4 Mainline code is pulled off of 12.3T Code, the above module should be supported in 12.4(23).

c1700-ipbasek9-mz.124-23.bin

Please do update the forum on the upgrade and results.

Regards,

Arul

*Pls rate all helpful posts*

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card