Views
Helpful
Replies

Alarm Clock

fadhumohammed
Level 1
Level 1

hey guys..

can anyone help me in creating an alarm clock application in XML ????

also i would like to know if its possible to create a softkey in xml that can forward all my calls to a particular number...to be more precise can i replicate a softkey that acts like the default "CFwdALL" key.

i know how to make softkey in xml but dont know how to redirect my calls to a particular number..

thanks in advance...

cheers

fadhu

6 Replies 6

msabir
Level 4
Level 4

Alarm clock sounds like a good idea. One way to do this is to have the user set up an alarm from the phone itself via services button. Another option is to provide a web interface. Or may be have both interfaces (phone and web). I am going to give it some thoughts.

About the call forward, I am not clear how it would be different from CFwdALL, and why would you want it it is the same.

about alarm clock:

i have an xml version of a simple clock..now i was thinking if there is anyway to incoperate a softkey that allows the user to input the time and then pull a ringtone file from the tftp to play as alarm.

and about the cfwdall:

i doin this project for a hotel. and they were asking me if i can make a button on the phone that can act as DND and by DND they want all the calls to go to either voice mail or operator. so cisco's default DND button will jst keep the phone silent i guess..rite????. so i want to make another button with the requirements i mentioned above. is that possible???

We are thinking to incorporate alarm clock feature into PhoneTop Messenger product. It is not committed yet. But if we commit, we will do both web and phone interface, and will allow users to even upload wave files for alarm and set alarm schedule (daily, weekly, by date, etc.) Still in brainstorming phase.

cisco.amit
Level 1
Level 1

Hello Guys,

I case of CCM and CCME, we can directly call forward to any number by using their already configured options.

For alarm option, i amtrying to find any solution.

If get something,i will update surely.

thanks alot amit.

just FYI,

abt call forward..iam aware of the normal cfwdall softkey function... i was wondering if there is a way to replicate the same button fucntion using XML. so that i can make a softkey that will fwd all the calls to voice mail(for eg) jst by pressing the softkey..

Well.. it depends where you want that softkey... if in application context, it's nothing complex.. you just use axl's updateLine to set the callforwardall (and you need to be aware that there's no validation being done that way... e.g if your cfwdall css allows to reach only internal destinations, you can still program a cfwdall to an external destination using updateLine.. and then if you call the line, the caller gets a fast busy).. alternatively, you could use tapi/jtapi which does perform validity checking (but doesn't tell you if the forward has failed because css blocks it, or because there was another error). Since you want to cfwdall to voicemail, that's a checkbox so updateLine is your prefered method.. it allows you to set that checkbox and we'll just assume the phones are programmed to allow cfwdall to voicemail.

However, if you want that softkey in the phone context (so e.g. on the 4th position after new call, redial and cfwd softkeys) then you're out of luck at this point. Well.. not quite.. you could have an idle url which replaces the idle phone context.. but that means you'd have to create an image which shows the phone screen as it is in idle mode (means loading the background image, figuring out the softkey profile and duplicating all the softkey options, loading the line key labels and creating the image to match the deafault screen.. there's an example for something like that in the ip phone services sdk.. however, I personally consider this to be too much effort for little gain) so I'd wait a bit, because with the next phone load, you'll finally have the ability to run java midlets on the phones, and I presume that this could give us the ability to add our own softkeys to the phone context and have them launch our own code. I can't guarantee that this is how it will work.. but I'm really hoping because the inability to add application softkeys to the phone context is really a thorn in your backside if you want to create user friendly apps..

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: