Juniper netscreen to ASA conversion

Unanswered Question
Sec IT Mon, 12/22/2008 - 01:19
User Badges:

yes punit,

i have done it..

I dont have any documentation for this..

Sec IT Tue, 12/30/2008 - 21:11
User Badges:

Hi,

I have the config now, I will send you the conf from my gmail today evening to wipro id.

I do not want the config to be published over internet as its confidential..

is that ok ?

-Rajesh

jjohnston1127 Tue, 01/06/2009 - 08:59
User Badges:
  • Silver, 250 points or more

I would be interested in seeing the Juniper configuration as well. You can replace all critical information with fake info if you want.

ayman.abdalla Wed, 04/14/2010 - 02:10
User Badges:

Hi Guys. I would be very pleased if anyone of you could send me a file/files containing Juniper netscreen configuration converted to Cisco ASA firewall.

Sec IT Thu, 04/15/2010 - 00:25
User Badges:

Hi,

Pls post the sample configuration of your juniper..i shall convert into to pix/asa compatible and give it you....

It requires time to understand the topopolgy....

-Rajesh P

ayman.abdalla Thu, 04/15/2010 - 01:04
User Badges:

Thank you Rajesh.

I will send the configuration file to your  email for the time being and once it is converted thanks to you i will  remove the sensitive information from it and post it here so that every  one can get the benefit out of this conversion.

The migration will  replace Juniper Netscreen 5200 by ASA 5580.

Thank you.

Sec IT Fri, 04/16/2010 - 02:28
User Badges:

its fine ayman....

let me have a look into it & check in the weekend....

regards

Rajesh P

Sec IT Mon, 04/19/2010 - 04:17
User Badges:

Hi Ayman,

Your configuration is so huge & i dont have enough time to go thru it.... I had taken almost 3 days to study and prepare the ASA CLI configuration for my earlier project. So i shall upload the JUNIPER & CISCO ASA converted configuration of my ealier project.

All the Ip addresses and networks have been replaced with fake ip address in both the text files for security perspective.

All of you members can go thru each of the configurations and match it. Those who are not familiar with juniper cli, should take a backup of policy screen shots and prepare for ASA.

There are slight changes in both the configurations i prepared, since customer wanted to remove unwanted configurations from it & fine tune it.

For any troubelshooting / requirements you may update the case notes, i shall reply once i get time.

Hope all of you will enjoy it...

regards

Rajesh P ... (CCSP)

ayman.abdalla Tue, 04/20/2010 - 07:22
User Badges:

Thank you very much Rajesh for this valuable information.

I really appreciate your efforts to come up with these two documents. It will save me a lot of long working hours on Juniper manulas

i will start working on it and if i find any obstacles, i will let you know.

racquel.mays Thu, 08/19/2010 - 15:26
User Badges:

Thank you soooo much you have really given me a good basis for my juniper to asa migration!  Thank you again for providing the files.

Sec IT Thu, 08/19/2010 - 19:42
User Badges:

You all are welcome...

Guy pls rate if this thread helped you...im sure all of you would have enjoyed it.

Sonain Zia Mon, 01/17/2011 - 20:24
User Badges:

Hi,

Is there any tool available to convert Juniper SSG config to Cisco ASA or Cisco IOS FW?

Thank you,

Sonain

Anand Kanani Thu, 12/19/2013 - 10:12
User Badges:
  • Cisco Employee,

Here is the new self-service tool that Cisco has released to convert to any vendor firewalls to Cisco ASA.

Currently it supports Juniper ScreenOS and CheckPoint to Cisco ASA conversion.

Link to the original post:

https://supportforums.cisco.com/community/netpro/security/firewall/blog/2013/09/27/conversion-tool-juniper-screenos-to-cisco-asa

Link to the tool itself:

https://fwmig.cisco.com

Actions

This Discussion