cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Does Cisco Charge for downloading Cisco IOS software

victor_87
Level 1
Level 1

Sorry for posting this question here, coz i didn't find an appropriate place in the forum which was related to IOS.

My doubt is does CISCO charge us if we download IOS images from it's site.

I am associated to CISCO through my company which is a premium partner to CISCO.

I have seen in the CISCO price sheet that it provides several IOS options for it's products and charges us appropriately.

But i download Enterprise IOS software pretty often from the CISCO website( the price sheet says Enterprise IOS software is around 900$)

and i download it free of cost, will my company be charged at some point of time for downloading IOS software.

Please clarify.

1 Reply 1

drolemc
Level 6
Level 6

If you have paid for a software license (per device) or have an active SMARTnet contract, you can access and download the images. Go to Ordering on Cisco.com for information about ordering Cisco products, including Cisco IOS Software.When you download software from the Cisco Connection Online Software Center or e-mail downloaded software to someone, it is protected under the terms and conditions of Cisco's Software License Agreement.

For downloading the IOS software click this link.

http://www.cisco.com/public/sw-center/index.shtml

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card