CCIE lab break down

Unanswered Question
Dec 22nd, 2008

guys i am going for the exam in 5 weeks can someone please tell me what is the marks break down in lab exam??? how they calculate the marks or which section got how many marks?????? thanks bud

I have this problem too.
0 votes
Overall Rating: 4 (2 ratings)
Chris Deren Mon, 12/22/2008 - 09:53

The_guroo,

All you should care about is that you need 80% in order to pass. the total score is 100 points, so you need 80 in order to pass. In regards to how many points each section is worth that can vary from exam to exam.

HTH,

Chris

jim_berlow Mon, 12/22/2008 - 10:35

This is the least of your worries.

You need to be trying to get 100% on the exam. Since there is no partial credit given, you will not have much room for error. I can assure you that those who pass the exam have nearly done it perfectly.

These last five weeks really work hard. My personal advice, though - don't do any rack time your last 2 or 3 days before the exam. Use that time to lightly review everything you have done and just take care of yourself (you don't want to be sick or tired on test day). Get an early flight there, go see the testing place, check into the hotel and relax. You cannot cram for this exam in 2 or 3 days so don't worry yourself to death by trying.

Good Luck,

Jim

ropethic Sun, 12/28/2008 - 09:32

Best advice I would give is to make sure you get all connectivity up and running, that incules frame, routing, and switching. If you can get all routers conencted and exchanging routes by lunch you have a good chance. This compromises almaost 60% or more of the test. Security, wireless, multicast give you anywhere from 5 - 10 points. You need to get the core up and running perfectly to have any type of chance. Unfortunately I failed in October and will try again

Actions

This Discussion