Views
Helpful
Replies

PSTN calls via FXO

kironline
Level 1
Level 1

Guys,

I am failry new to Cisco CallManager. I have Cisco Callmanager 4.1 with 10 7960/7970 phones. I have a 2600 voice gateway with FXO and FXS ports on it. I have a normal phone line which I have connected to the FXO port and analog phones connected to FXS. Gateway is registered with Callmanager, I am able to call the analog phones from the IP phones but not the otherway round. I have a dial-peer on the voice gateway pointing to the Cisco Callmanager for analog phones to call IP Phones, but the calls are not terminated. I also want both the IP and analog phones to be able to call outside via the FXO. Can you please let me know how to accomplish this?

Many thanks for your help

2 Replies 2

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

I am assuming you are using H323 since you are mentioning dial-peers, can you post your current config and we can point out omissions?

Chris

There are multiple different reasons this would fail:

-The gateway (SIP,MGCP, or H323) does not have the proper calling search space to call the directory numbers

-You're not dialing or sending the proper numbers

-You don't have the right dial peer configuration on the router

-You don't have the bind command on the same interface that CCM is expecting it from.

This is a lot of information to just speculate on. You can try checking these things first though.

hth,

nick

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: