Facing problem while Configuring SNMP in LMS 3.0

Unanswered Question
Dec 22nd, 2008

I have installed LMS 3.0 in a Dell Machine with Win 2k3 R2 successfully.

But when I tried to configure snmp it is giving many errors.

when I am clicking on snmp settings it is poping up SNMP Exception Massage:Excepton in connectToCampusServer()

And if I still configured snmp parameters & click OK it is giving page of errors saying "The server encountered an internal error"

I am attaching the errors pls have a look on it & pls advise.

Thanks in advance

I have this problem too.
0 votes
Overall Rating: 0 (0 ratings)
Joe Clarke Mon, 12/22/2008 - 09:46

Please post the output of the pdshow command as well as the NMSROOT\MDC\tomcat\logs\stdout.log.

sachidananda panda Mon, 12/22/2008 - 09:49

Hi JC,

Thanks for ur quick response. I have already left the site shall post the same tomorrow same time.

sachidananda panda Tue, 12/23/2008 - 06:40

Hi JC,

Pls find the stdout.log & pdshow output as requested by you.

I tried by deleting the divicediscover.properties & putting back the .orig by renaming again to divicediscover.properties. but that also didnt work.

Joe Clarke Tue, 12/23/2008 - 09:58

Doing that will only breaks DeviceDiscovery if you are running Campus Manager 5.0 or 5.0.1. What version of Campus Manager is this?

Joe Clarke Tue, 12/23/2008 - 10:29

The pdshow output was truncated, but what it did show was that the system is severely damaged. I'll need to see the entire output before I can identify any root causes.

sachidananda panda Tue, 12/23/2008 - 13:10

Actualy I was supposed to send the entire pdshow output but I couldn't capture them.

Is it ok to re-install everything (OS as well as LMS) as its a ne installation there is nothig to lost.

Joe Clarke Tue, 12/23/2008 - 13:11

You can reinstall, but without identifying an underlying cause, the problem may return.

If you do reinstall, the best practices are to do the installation as a local Administrator on the server's console. Disable anti-virus software, and set the TEMP and TMP environment variables to short values (e.g. C:\WINDOWS\TEMP).

This Discussion