Views
Helpful
Replies

1142 LAP-to-Autonomous Conversion

Scott Pickles
Level 4
Level 4

Guys -

Ordered an AIR-AP1142N-A-K9, but they shipped the LWAPP version. I know with a 1252 I can convert to IOS using the archive command, which is available by issuing "debug lwapp console cli" to enable full IOS command set. This does not work on the new 1142. Anyone know what the new command is?

Regards,

Scott

10 Replies 10

Scott Fella
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Have you tried this way.... but you would need an IOS code. If you are consoled and you hold the reset for 20 seconds and let go, does it look for an image? I'm wondering if you can or not convert.... though I heard someone say that you can't.... might be wrong though.

Step 1 The static IP address of the PC on which your TFTP server software runs should be between 10.0.0.2 and 10.0.0.30.

Step 2 Make sure that the PC contains the access point image file for a 1142 series access point) in the TFTP server folder and that the TFTP server is activated.

Step 3 On the PC where the TFTP server is located, perform these steps:

a. Disable any software firewall products, such as Windows firewall, ZoneAlarm firewall, McAffee firewall, or others.

b. Ensure all Windows files are visible. From Windows Explorer, click Tools > Folder Options > View > Show hidden files and folders.

Step 4 Rename the access point image file in the TFTP server folder to c1140-k9w7-tar.default for a 11400 series access point, c1130-k9w7-tar.default for an 1130 series access point, and c1250-k9w7-tar.default for a 1250 series access point.

Step 5 Connect the PC to the access point using a Category 5 (CAT5) Ethernet cable.

Step 6 Disconnect power from the access point.

Step 7 Press and hold MODE while you reconnect power to the access point.

Step 8 Hold the MODE button until the status LED turns red (approximately 20 to 30 seconds) and then release.

Step 9 Wait until the access point reboots, as indicated by all LEDs turning green followed by the Status LED blinking green.

Step 10 After the access point reboots, reconfigure it using the GUI or the CLI.

-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***

Scott Pickles
Level 4
Level 4

Nevermind, figured it out. Since adopting the CAPWAP standard, the new command is:

debug capwap console cli

Cheers.

Just checked Cisco.com - no IOS image [yet]. I'm a registered user. Does anyone have an autonomous AP they can copy the IOS off the flash and send it to me - or is that a violation of Cisco's policy(ies)?

Hi Scott,

I'm in the same situation like you are. Have you succeded to get an autonomous AP image??

Thanks in advance

Mike -

It's not that we can't find it, it's the fact that Cisco isn't shipping it yet. The code should be available late March/early April.

Regards,

Scott

Thanks for the info!

Just got word from my Sales Rep - IOS not available until later this year. Looks like I'm stuck surveying with a 2106...

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hey Scott,

Happy Holidays! I was wondering if you might have a link or pdf for the new 1142. I can't find any info about this AP and I'm very curious about the specs and look of this puppy.

Thanks so much!

Rob

Rob,

Here you go! (1142 datasheet attached)

Hi Scott,

Thanks very much for sending this link!! Much appreciated my friend. +5 points for this kind gesture.

Cheers!

Rob

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: