cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

RPS 2300 and 3750 series

MARVIN SPITERI
Level 1
Level 1

Hi, I have just connected an RPS to a 3750 stack of switces (everything brand new out of the boxes) and i have the following issue:-

When the RPS is connected to a PWS-C3750G-48TS-S switch and there is a loss of power from the mains to the switch, the RPS provides power as expected and the respective led blinks as it should.

2. When mains power is restored, the rps continues to provide power, however this can be expected. you must manually reset the rps port from the rps buttons. this works fine and switch gets back to work from mains.

The issue i have is that when i do the same procedure but using a different model of 3750 series, the switch reboots as soon as you try to reset the port from rps using the exact same procedure...

I tried this with the following models :-

WS-C3750-24TS-S

C3750G-24TS-S1U

All switches are running same IOS ver and they just been shipped some of the with manufactured date of Nov and some Dec 2008

1 Reply 1

MARVIN SPITERI
Level 1
Level 1

from the cisco Q&A it seems that reboot is normal unless it is a 3750E series.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card