cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Help! Overrun with Rogue AP Syslog Messages! Outdoor Mesh

ralphfowler
Level 1
Level 1

I have installed a Syslog server in order to help troubleshoot some issues in a large outdoor mesh system. In an outdoor system we DON'T CARE about rogue Access Points. So I have turned off the rogue AP detection- or so I thought.

However after watching the Syslogs from my 4 controllers, I see that there is a constant stream of messages like this clogging up the connection:

12-22-2008 23:56:11 Local0.Notice my.ip.add.ress Dec 23 00:56:07.350 apf_rogue.c:535 APF-4-ROGUE_AP_ADD_FAILED: Failed to add the rogue AP 00:09:5B:9D:1E:60. insertion failed.

I mean hundreds of these per minute. I do not want this nonsense going acroiss my network, nor do I want to log it and have to filter it.

Can someone tell me how to REALLY turn off the rogue detection?

Thanks

Ralph

2 Replies 2

amritpatek
Level 6
Level 6

The error "APF-4-ROGUE_AP_ADD_FAILED: Failed to add the rogue AP insertion failed." means that the WLC may have reached it's limit of known rogue APs in the database. It looks like the WLC may already know about this Rogue since it knows the APs name .

Hey Ralph,

Dennis here. Long time no see my friend. What version of WCS and WLC codes are you running? I'll look in my nifty little file of CLI commands. Call me sometime man.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card