Views
Helpful
Replies

Configure Domain Name for Cisco Unified Communicationl Manager Server

nissarbm_ece
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I wanted to configure a domain name for "cisco unified communication manager 6.0.1", which is currently assigned with an IP address.

I request to inform me, the details required for configuring a domain name to CiscoUCM instead of IP Address.

Current Setup:

I have a DNS server (i.e. domain name server) running in my LAN setup. And, configured it with a "particular domain name" and mapped it to current "CiscoUCM"'s IP address.

At CiscoUCM, i configured DNS server address using command-line interface.

Please help me out in resolving this issue.

1 Reply 1

Ginger Dillon
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi -

Here is the installation guide which references the domain name setting you can configure after installation using the CLI - http://www.cisco.com/en/US/customer/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/install/6_0_1/install/cmins601.html

The command is set network domain. Your DNS server should have an "A" record which includes the hostname and IP address of the CUCM server. To confirm this is working, you should see if you can ping the DNS server by hostname from your CallManager and visa versa.

Ginger

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: