Meeting place Express Out Dialing-Not detecting DTMF

Unanswered Question
Dec 23rd, 2008

I have cisco meeting place express. The problem is when the user makes out dialing from meeting place express, calls are going through. and MPE Prompt "input 1 enjoy the meeting. input 2 stop call me. ". when user input 1, But meeting place express is not detecting DTMF keys. still prompt "input 1 enjoy the meeting. input 2 stop call me. ".

Who can tell me how to resolve the problem?

I have this problem too.
0 votes
Overall Rating: 0 (0 ratings)
Ginger Dillon Tue, 12/23/2008 - 09:42

Hi -

Here is something you might check from the MPE troubleshooting guide:

The System Does Not Detect Key Presses

Symptom The Cisco Unified MeetingPlace Express system cannot detect you when you press the keys on your phone.

Solution Look at the event log.

Procedure

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Step 1 Log in to the Cisco Unified MeetingPlace Express operating system as the root user.

Step 2 At the password prompt, enter the root password. The Cisco Unified MeetingPlace Express operating system desktop appears.

Step 3 Right-click on the desktop.

Step 4 From the menu, select New Terminal. This brings up a terminal session.

Step 5 At the CLI, enter the following:

eventlog -b -e

For the start time (the -b value), enter a time shortly before the call failed. For the stop time (the -e value), enter a time shortly after the call failed.

Step 6 Check the DID/DNIS and input events to determine which port is yours.

Step 7 Look later in the trace to see if DTMFs sent from your phone were being detected. If they are not detected, then check the following:

•Verify that the telephony network is using RFC2833 digits or out-of-band digits. (The Cisco Unified MeetingPlace Express system does not support in-band digits.)

•Network congestion might be preventing the RFC2833 digits or out-of-band digits from reaching the system.

•Check if G.729 coders are being used somewhere in your network, instead of G.711. G.729 will seriously corrupt in-band digits (DTMF) causing these digits to either be lost or changed. If this is happening and RFC2833 is not a good choice, consider converting to a pure G.711 network.

The doc link is here - http://www.cisco.com/en/US/customer/docs/voice_ip_comm/meetingplace_express/2_0/english/administration/guide/cm20trbl.html#wp1065814

Ginger

Actions

This Discussion