cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

how to connect to internet ?

kaustubhchavan
Level 1
Level 1

how do i connect to internet using router & i have an public ip purchase from ISP?

9 Replies 9

passioncas
Level 1
Level 1

Configure the Public IP address on the interface where the ISP link is terminated and do PAT(port Address Translation )for the internal clients.Please let me know the exact requirement and will help you

i have 20 users their private as follows :

192.168.2.2/24

-

-

-

192.168.2.22/24

My static ip is 210.242......

so how will i do plz send me configuration?

where will i terminate cable coming from broadband modem ?

Hi ,

The broadand modem itself act as a Router ,no need to put the Router.

Regards

Rahul

but if i want to use my cisco router then ?

Actually, if you have only a modem, you'll need a router to route traffic out. Your modem would connect to the WAN port on your router, and then your ethernet port would connect to the LAN side. You would configure NAT on the router so all of your hosts would be able to get on the internet.

If you have a broadband router, you'll need to have your ISP help you configuring their router that they sent you in bridging mode. Bridging allows all of the public traffic through their device and allows your Cisco router to handle all of it.

HTH,

John

HTH, John *** Please rate all useful posts ***

Hi kausthub

chk out the floowing confing and change it according to ur ip setup

interface ethernet x/x

ip address 192.168.2.x 255.255.255.0

ip nat inside

interface serial x/x

ip address 210.242.x.x 255.255.255.x

ip nat outside

ip nat pool ovrld 192.168.2.2 192.168.2.22 prefix 24

ip nat inside source list 7 pool ovrld overload

access-list 7 permit 192.168.2.0 0.0.0.31

"Pls rate if it helps"

Ullas

It is possible to connect a Router..Connect the Broadband modem to the router through ethernet port..then Lan will be connected to the router..Do a default route on the Router pointing towards the Broadband modem..

to connect broadband modem it require adsl port on router & lan segment on fastethernet if i am right ?

Dear kaustubh,

go through following link.http://www.cisco.com/en/US/tech/tk648/tk361/technologies_tech_note09186a0080094e77.shtml

Hope to help

suryakant

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card