Views
Helpful
Replies

Annunciator

Evgeniy.Suvorov
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all,

I have CUCM 6.1.2 and mgcp gateways with ISDN PRI links. When a CallManager ip phone dialed a unallocated DN#, the annunciator will play the following prompt to the calling ip phone: "Your call cannot be completed as dialed. Please consult your directory and call again or ask your operator for assistance. This is a recording."

Can I make the annunciator to play the similar prompt when the calling party is external PSTN?

Thanks.

9 Replies 9

iptuser55
Level 6
Level 6

Not within CUCM as the prompt is common,I was looking for something similar for different reponses based upon the q931 messages

Evgeniy.Suvorov
Level 1
Level 1

UP

Evgeniy.Suvorov
Level 1
Level 1

UP

Hi,

Did you manage to make annunciator work for PSTN caller?

I've a similar requirement but no success so far.

Thanks,

inner_silence

UCM Annunciator is not designed for this; however, you could probably get the end result you are looking for by writing a TCL script on the router.

Hi,

Can someone comment from where CCM plays the fast busy tone to IP Phones? I checked inside TFTP/UnitedStates folder, there were 5 files naming Annunciator_Reorder.wav etc having fast busy tone recorded. I changed those annunciator files but still IP Phone plays a fast busy tone instead of the music I've in new files. Reloaded the CCM, same result.

I've successfully changed the Annunciator files for unallocated number (Only working from IP Phones) but change in the file which plays Fast Busy tone is not working.

There is no Annunciator_Reorder.wav files inside English_UnitedStates folder, fyi.

Any clues where to change the fast busy annunciator file???

Other then TCL Script I've few more options:

1) Use IPCCX,

2) Use Unity,

3) Create a TP collecting all unallocated nos and Xlate it to one AC Pilot no. Change the MOH files (in DP) for the AC Pilot to play New Annunciator you want. Enable queuing and put some bogus members. Now, when caller reaches AC Pilot he should listen to the MOH when in queue which is basically your new Annunciator. Catch is that caller needs to drop the call, CCM won't disconnect. I've not tested this but seems most promising as there is no dependency on any external factor like Unity, IPCCX, TCL on GW.

I am also interested in change recording of announciator in callmanager 6

Voice experts....Plz reply

Well, changing the annunciator message is straight forward task in CCM 4.X. I just went through CCM 6.1 System Guide which interestingly says "No configuration exists to customize these announcements or to add new announcements."

BTW, I am trying to play annunciator to PSTN callers in CCM 4.1 environment.

thanks,

inner_silence

OK,

I tried option 3. I am able to play the "Message" to PSTN caller but not able to disconnect the PSTN caller.

Following is what I did:

Create a new MOH Audio Source using "AAExtnOutOfService.wav". Prompt available inside Wfavvid folder

Create a TP covering all unassigned DNs for example: 11xx, do Called party Xform to 1155

Create a AC Pilot 1155, give any DP say: ANN_PSTN AC Hunt-Group>>Give any AC user. No need to login to Attendant Console.

Run acconfig.bat>>Enable Queuing

Inside DP: ANN_PSTN give User Hold MOH Source as "AAExtnOutOfService.wav".

Now, whenever you dial any unassigned number withing range 11xx, you'll hear "AAExtnOutOfService.wav" but the problem is that I am not able to make the PSTN call drop.

I tried routing calls to TP inside AC Hunt-Group>>Always Route member is TP>>TP has Block Pattern --Not working. "AAExtnOutOfService.wav"keeps on playing.

I tried routing calls to Route-Point (Always Route Member) inside AC Hunt-Group>>CTI_RP has Forward all to TP>>TP has Block Pattern --Not working. "AAExtnOutOfService.wav"keeps on playing.

I tried routing calls to a registered Phone DN as Always Route Member>>Forward all to TP>>>>TP has Block Pattern --Not working. "AAExtnOutOfService.wav"keeps on playing.

Can someone help me achieve call drop here without using IPCCX/Unity/TCL?

Thanks,

inner_silence

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: