cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

6500: which MIBs are supported in hardware on this platform?

ovt
Level 4
Level 4

On the ftp://ftp-sj.cisco.com/pub/mibs/supportlists/wsc6000/wsc6000-supportlist-ios.html I see that lot of MIBs are supported by the Cat65k, for example SMON-MIB, HC-RMON-MIB, RMON-MIB, RMON2-MIB, IF-MIB, etc.

Which of them are supported by the Cat65k hardware (i.e. statistics is collected by the PFC or an ethernet module)? (Just wondering, if all of the above is supported by the hardware, what the NAM module is used for?)

3 Replies 3

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Just because these MIBs are supported by the platform doesn't mean all of the objects are supported. In fact, the switch itself only supports min-RMON (i.e. etherstats, history, events, and alarms) for RMONv1 (i.e. layer 2). The NAM provides additional RMONv1 group support as well as RMONv2 (i.e. layers 3 through 7), and Application Response Time features.

Is IF-MIB ("1.3.6.1.2.1.31" and "1.3.6.1.2.1.2") supported in hardware? "show interface" or "show interface counters" seem to show correct values :)

Ah, I misunderstood your question. You're asking about hardware counters. Depending on the interface, the IF-MIB counters will be accurate. However, for SVI interfaces, you are better off looking the CISCO-SWITCH-ENGINE-MIB.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: