Hot dial to multiple users

Unanswered Question
Dec 23rd, 2008

I am trying to achieve the following setup:

A "master" phone goes off-hook and the system automatically dials multiple (say 10) phones. As those users pick up they are all dropped into the same conference with two-way communication with all others. This is similar to PLAR but with multiple receipients.

We are using CUCM 6.1 and also have MeetingPlace Express and an MCU 3515-12.

Any assistance is greatly appreciated.

I have this problem too.
0 votes
Overall Rating: 0 (0 ratings)
jpstott Tue, 12/23/2008 - 08:49

There is some multicasting VOIP support available on Cisco routers (called Hoot and Holler), but there are limitations in terms of number of streams - I believe 3. Not sure what you can do with your MCU, especially if you want the master phone to call all 10 phones and add them to a conference. Same with the Meeting Place.

On the other hand, there are products on the market for exactly what you want. For example, SA Announce by Synapps. It has a "hoot 'n holler" feature built in. Here's a link:

http://www.syn-apps.net/SA-Announce.aspx

Jaime Valencia Tue, 12/23/2008 - 09:53

unfortunately just using CUCM is not possible to do that, the functionalities do not mix the way you want. PLAR is for one phone and has no way of involving a conference. you would need to use a meet-me conference in which is mandatory to press the meetme softkey to initiate it, which just taking a phone offhook using a PLAR cannot do. you'll have to use another 3rd party solution as suggested

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

gaurav_dixit06 Mon, 03/09/2009 - 06:34

I do have small query..suppose if internal conference will happen in meet me number but i need to configure the external number also ...how will i do ...i had seen in CUCM ...that there is one function is called Meet-me-function ... I am thinking that if I can configure in Gateway or SRST this thing ….this problem might solve …kindly correct me if I am wrong ..

Gaurav Dixit

Actions

This Discussion