Replies

SNMP Input Queue Fills Up

mtorzewski
Level 1
Level 1

I am receiving this error msg:

%SNMP-3-INPUT_QFULL_ERR: Packet dropped due to input queue full

How do I clear the snmp stats?

What can I do to alleviate this condition?

Should I make the snmp input q larger? Can I make it larger?

7 Replies 7

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

This may be caused by a bug. On what platform, and with what version of software are you seeing this?

c3845-advipservicesk9-mz.124-11.T1.bin

I read the snmp counters cannot be cleared. I also read that I can adjust the length of the queue using snmp-server queue-length command.

This could be caused by CSCsk27147 which is fixed in 12.4(15)T2:

Symptoms: The following SNMP is incorrectly generated:

"%SNMP-3-INPUT_QFULL_ERR: Packet dropped due to input queue full

This issue is affecting the CISCO-MEMORYPOOL-MIB instead.

Conditions: Occurs on a Cisco 2600 series router running Cisco IOS Release 12.4(11)T3. The router

keeps dropping SNMP packets. The log shows that the packets are dropped because of the input queue

being full. Although the utilization is sometimes high, this could not be the root cause, as the router

keeps dropping packets regardless of the current utilization. Also, the snmp process takes 5-20% of the

CPU load.

Workaround: Exclude ciscoMemoryPoolMIB from your query with the following commands:

snmp-server view public-view iso included

snmp-server view public-view ciscoMemoryPoolMIB excluded

Apply this view to the RW community string. This view will exclude only ciscoMemoryPoolMib, all other

MIBs will be available.

Thank you very much. I believe you are correct. The SNMP engine is consuming 23% of the processor cycles.

Hi,

Do you know if this CSCsk27147 bug could also affect to a 3750-X with 12.2.53SE2 IOS release? ( i do not see this 12.2.53SE2 release between the known affected versions in the bug notes)....but, since the bug component does not seem platform dependent ("memory"), perhaps a 3750 switch can also bbe affected.

Maybe anyone with working experience with these 3750X can help...

TIA and Best Regards

Juan

No, this bug is fixed in 12.2(53)SE2.  If you re seeing the same symptoms, then there is another problem affecting you.  You should start a new thread in that case.

yjdabear
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

IOS version and hardware?

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: