Views
Helpful
Replies

Netflow on ATM Interfaces

paulhughes5
Level 1
Level 1

Hello

I am having some issues getting netflow information to our server from our 800 series boxes.

I have enabled ip route-cache flow on the ATM0 interface but for some reason we only get data if we enable netflow on the dialer interface. I am wanting to know if this is an IOS issue or a problem with sending information when the dialer is bound? I have had some instances where I have needed to enable netflow on both interfaces and only get one way traffic from each.

1 Reply 1

owillins
Level 6
Level 6

Having enabled NetFlow on both the ATM and Ethernet interfaces, a more complete picture of the traffic flows through this router was obtained. For example, in the route cache, an ICMP flow (ping echo request) arrived on interface ATM1/0.1 from IP address 10.1.10.1 destined for IP address 192.168.10.1 on interface Fa4/0. Because there was some visibility of flows on the Ethernet port, the ICMP echo reply, which arrived on interface Fa4/0 destined for interface AT1/0.1, could be seen.

With NetFlow enabled on all applicable interfaces, there was no need for the output of both routers (as in the Frame Relay example) to track the flow of IP packets.

For further information click this link.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/prod/collateral/iosswrel/ps6537/ps6555/ps6601/prod_white_paper0900aecd8045b422.pdf

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Innovations in Cisco Full Stack Observability - A new webinar from Cisco