cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

UCM6.1 - Can Phones auto-configure DPool / Services etc. ?

ajenks
Level 1
Level 1

I am shortly going to be upgrading from 4.0 to 6.1 I am wondering if deployment of new handsets is any easier and whether device mobility could assist with part of this.

In 4.0 I currently have phones auto-register. I then manually configure Device Pool, Location, IP services (extension mobility) and enable extension mobility. Phone is then ready for use (as all my users are extension mobility users).

Is it possible that in UCM6.1 phones that autoregister are assigned to the correct device pool and location (based on DHCP address), rather than the default for the device type ?

Can auto-registered phones have settings such as enabling extension mobility and subscribing to the extension mobility service configured when they auto-register ?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

With CM 7 you can take advantage of "enterprise subscription" feature which means that all phones are subscribed to these services by default.

As to the first question, this should work with device mobility, essentailly all devices will be in roaming mode and based on their subnet would pick up the correct pre-defined roaming device pool.

HTH,

Chris

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

no, if you need all that use BAT instead of autoregistration to set all those parameters

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

With CM 7 you can take advantage of "enterprise subscription" feature which means that all phones are subscribed to these services by default.

As to the first question, this should work with device mobility, essentailly all devices will be in roaming mode and based on their subnet would pick up the correct pre-defined roaming device pool.

HTH,

Chris