Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

How do you connect to an ASA 5505 ?

I have tried by putting https://192.168.1.1 into my browser, and that gets me to a screen where I can install a launcher, run a settup wizard or run an applet.

I have installed the launcher. It asks for the IP, username and password. Following section 5 in the manual I give it an IP of 192.168.1.1 and leave the username and password blank.

After a long wait I get "permission denied." I have managed to get in with the blue cable in Com1 and created a password, but I still get the same result from the browser.

When I try it with either the applet or the wizard I get "error. Click for details". The details consists of this:

load: class com.cisco.nm.dice.loader.Loader not found.

java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: com.cisco.nm.dice.loader.Loader

at sun.applet.AppletClassLoader.findClass(Unknown Source)

at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(Unknown Source)

at sun.applet.AppletClassLoader.loadClass(Unknown Source)

at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(Unknown Source)

at sun.applet.AppletClassLoader.loadCode(Unknown Source)

at sun.applet.AppletPanel.createApplet(Unknown Source)

at sun.plugin.AppletViewer.createApplet(Unknown Source)

at sun.applet.AppletPanel.runLoader(Unknown Source)

at sun.applet.AppletPanel.run(Unknown Source)

at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)

I would be glad to set it up with the blue cable, but I cannot find a list of commands.

I did at one point find an opportunity to reset it to defaults, but it didn't work. The reset hole in the front doesn't work either.

Where can I find a command reference for it ?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

That's odd. I'm running version 6 update 7, and it works fine for me. What do you have listed in Windows Add/Remove Programs?

HTH, John *** Please rate all useful posts ***

View solution in original post

13 Replies 13

John Blakley
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

You're having a problem with java. It seems that ASDM only works well with certain versions. You may either want to downgrade or upgrade your java version.

HTH,

John

How do I do downgrade or upgrade ?

Where can I find an older or newer version?

I have gone to sun.com, Downloads A-Z, and there is only one option for Windows.

OK, I've found Java 2 and Java 1.4 on Sun.

What version are you running now? You can tell by going to Control Panel/Java and then click on the About button. It should say what version, and then I can point you to the right direction (hopefully).

HTH,

John

It was xpiinstall-6u11-fcs-bin-b90-windows-i586-25_nov_2008.exe

I uninstalled that and installed j2re-1_4_2_19-windows-i586-p.exe

Then I tried to get into the ASA 5500. It told me I needed to install a plugin, and when I clicked to let it, it started to put the same old 6u11 back again.

So if folks can downgrade, how do they do it? The only other version I can find on Sun's site is apparently so old that it isn't even recognozed as valid, and I am directed right back to what doesn't work.

That's odd. I'm running version 6 update 7, and it works fine for me. What do you have listed in Windows Add/Remove Programs?

V1.4.2_19

And it isn't working, and I suspect you'll want to know what's in there after I reinstall the previous one. One moment please.

Try this:

http://java.sun.com/products/archive/j2se/6u7/index.html

Uninstall all versions, and reinstall just this one. When java pops up and says that it needs to update, click cancel. This is the same version I'm running.

HTH,

John

*please rate all helpful posts*

OK, it is not Java(TM) 6 Update 11

And now when I try my launcher I get ASDM is unable to read the configurartion from the ASA ...

So I tried it with the applet, ant IT WENT IN :)

Thank you very much. Have a merry Christmas.

And now I must go hack my way through the ice on my wife's car :(

Great! Have a merry Christmas :-)

And this morning, rereading yesterday's posts, where I said "OK, it is not Java 6 (TM), the w in not should have been a w in now. It is indeed Java 6 update 11. Sorry.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: