cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Ring Timers for Hunt Group - CUCM 6.1

Rick Morris
Level 6
Level 6

I need to extend my ringing for a hunt group. Right now it is using the default and is only 3 rings before going to voicemail. I need to extend this to 30 seconds. I thought I did this by adding this at the line level for the no answer timer. This did nothing.

I also changed the maximum hunt timer to 30 and it did not change anything.

Where is this done?

Thanks,

Rick

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Rick,

If you only getting 10 seconds you are probably seeing the RNA Reversion Timeout come into play. The RNA Reversion Timeout is available (to pullback and re-distribute calls) to the next available or idle Agent. This setting is done at the Line Group level.

RNA Reversion Timeout

Enter a time, in seconds, after which Cisco CallManager will distribute a call to the next available or idle member of this line group or to the next line group if the call is not answered and if the first hunt option, Try next member; then, try next group in Hunt List, is chosen. The RNA Reversion Timeout applies at the line-group level to all members.

Under "Line Group Configuration", you can find (and change) the "RNA Reversion Timeout" (which is by default set to 10 seconds)

From this doc;

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/voicesw/ps556/products_administration_guide_chapter09186a00803edabe.html#wp107892

Hope this helps!

Rob

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Rick,

If you only getting 10 seconds you are probably seeing the RNA Reversion Timeout come into play. The RNA Reversion Timeout is available (to pullback and re-distribute calls) to the next available or idle Agent. This setting is done at the Line Group level.

RNA Reversion Timeout

Enter a time, in seconds, after which Cisco CallManager will distribute a call to the next available or idle member of this line group or to the next line group if the call is not answered and if the first hunt option, Try next member; then, try next group in Hunt List, is chosen. The RNA Reversion Timeout applies at the line-group level to all members.

Under "Line Group Configuration", you can find (and change) the "RNA Reversion Timeout" (which is by default set to 10 seconds)

From this doc;

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/voicesw/ps556/products_administration_guide_chapter09186a00803edabe.html#wp107892

Hope this helps!

Rob

Once again Rob school is in session!

You have been an awesome asset to the NetPro group. Resolved a lot of my issues in the first post. This is exactly what I needed!

Thanks again

Rick

Hi Rick,

Hahaha! That is most kind my friend. Glad to be of some small help here. Here is a little follow-up info for your future reference.

The following describes how the Call Forward settings on individual Hunt member phones are ignored when presented a call via the Hunt feature. Here is a clip;

The concept of hunting differs from that of call forwarding. Hunting allows Cisco CallManager to extend a call to one or more lists of numbers, where each such list can specify a hunting order that is chosen from a fixed set of algorithms. When a call extends to a hunt party from these lists and the party fails to answer or is busy, hunting resumes with the next hunt party. (The next hunt party varies depending on the current hunt algorithm.) Hunting thus ignores the Call Forward No Answer (CFNA) or Call Forward Busy (CFB) settings for the attempted party. This also applies to CFWD ALL settings.

From this doc;

If the call goes unanswered then a Forward should be applied at the "Hunt Pilot" Level;

Hunt Forward Settings

Forward Hunt No Answer - When the call that is distributed through the hunt list is not answered in a specific time, this field specifies how to forward the call.

Destination This setting indicates the directory number to which calls are forwarded.

Forward Hunt Busy - When the call that is distributed through the hunt list is busy in a specific time, this field specifies how to forward the call.

Destination This setting indicates the directory number to which calls are forwarded.

Maximum Hunt Timer - Enter a value (in seconds) that specifies the maximum time for hunting.(Used in conjunction with Forward Hunt Busy)

You can "trick" the system as well if you set up a second Line Group that contains the same DN's/Members and link this second Group in the Hunt List.

Switch the rule on the first Line Group to, Try next Member;then try next Group in Hunt List

This will then cycle through the members a second time (I just tested this out in our lab) :)

Hope this helps! Happy Holidays!

Rob

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: