Views
Helpful
Replies

Wake on LAN for a range.

mx
Level 1
Level 1

Happy Holidays Everyone.

I have been reading some posts on the forum about WoL packets traversing a LAN to wake up specific IP's.

Basically, as I understand it, I need to add the following to a config for it to work:

ip forward-protocol <udp-port used by WOL application>

ip helper-address <directed broadcast address od the lan where the workstations are>

I also read that I need to configure the subnet where the workstations to be awaken resides with ip directed-broadcast <ACL>. My question is..what would be in that ACL? If I dont use an ACL, what else would I put there?

thanks!

bob

1 Reply 1

drolemc
Level 6
Level 6

IP access control lists (ACLs) can filter network traffic. ACLs might also be used for purposes other than to filter IP traffic, for example, defining traffic to Network Address Translate (NAT) or encrypt, or filtering non-IP protocols such as AppleTalk or IPX.

For further information click this link.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/secursw/ps1018/products_tech_note09186a00800a5b9a.shtml#acl

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card