Contact Center agent restriction

Unanswered Question
Dec 23rd, 2008

We are getting ready to implement Contact Center and our current pbx is setup to restrict dial by ext or name to specific extension (agents). Can this be done simply within the Contact Center (by script or some other method within IPCC) or would I be better served doing with CallManager. I would assume I could set the CSS for the ports attached to the IPCC box to have a translation to send the calls to a greating specifing the ext is invalid or something...Anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks,

Joe

Overall Rating: 4 (1 ratings)
Chris Deren Tue, 12/23/2008 - 15:45

Joe,

Either solution is feasible, and in my opinion it depends on the size of your environment to decide which one to pick. If the environment is large I would most likely go with the CSS/PT approach, but that would require you to change the PT of the phone if it needs to be reachable from AA. If the environment is not big I would tackle it on the UCCX side with either xml files where the allowable extensions would be listed or if the allowable extensions are in ranges then you can simply construct logic to check if the entered DN falls into that range.

HTH,

Chris

joeharb Wed, 12/31/2008 - 10:36

Chris,

Thanks for you response..I am interested in the xml file that would restrict calling. I am familiar with the dates.xml type of file but not for limiting ext. We would only be restricting between 10 - 20 exts but I would love to allow the UCCX server to restrict the calling..one question is how could I do this for both dial by ext as well as dial by name. If you have any examples of the xml files that would be great or some pointers to get me going.

Thanks,

Joe

Actions

This Discussion