Views
Helpful
Replies

TCL Scripting.

aslamta123
Level 1
Level 1

Hi All,

I tried to use the attached TCL scrpits for probing. My servers are listening on port 8010. But the probe failed, its getting the error "Internal error: Script error" .

Could anyone please verify the attached script ?

Regards

Aslam ..

5 Replies 5

ciscocsoc
Level 4
Level 4

Hi Aslam,

Looking at the script in notepad/wordpad there is a lot of RTF chaff. The first few characters are:

{\rtf1\ansi\ansicpg1252\uc1\deff38\stshfdbch0\stshfloch38\sts ...

It looks like the file has been edited and converted accidentally into this format. I'd start with a fresh copy of the script and make the changes with a simple editor.

HTH

Cathy

Hi Cathy,

Thanx for the reply ...

Is it required to specify the real servers IP in the script ???

I'm not good in scripting, the file i downloaded from cisco and changed only the port no's .

could you please correct the errors and send to me ?

Regards

Aslam..

Aslam,

The real IP addresses are sent as part of the environment, so they are not coded in the script.

If you define the port on the serverfarm (e.g. rserver wibble 8010) then this should be passed to the script in the environment.

I think your problems stem from whatever program you used to do the edit. Stick to a simple editing program that won't mess around with the format.

If you can't get the HTTPCONTENT probe working, then start with a simple TCP probe on 8010.

I can't write the script for you as you have to be able to maintain it.

Kind Regards

Cathy

you don't need to add the port in the script.

The following 2 lines will get the ip address and port from your configuration

set ip $scriptprobe_env(realIP)

set port $scriptprobe_env(realPort)

If you want to use the Cisco script, there is no need to modify it.

Just configure the probe and add it to the serverfarm.

Make sure your reals are configured with a port inside the serverfarm so that the script can identify which port to use.

Gilles.

Many Thnks.. Gilles ..

Its working now..

Regards

ASLAM..

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: