cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

BAT Help CUCM 6.1

Aaron Dhiman
Level 2
Level 2

I need to update the Device Description, Line Alerting, Line Description, and Caller ID for 800+ phones. I have created a proper Phone Format with the required fields, exported the proper fields and edited the file (like in the attachment), and re-uploaded the file. However, when I go to "Bulk Administration > Update Phones > Custom File" I am getting "0 Records Found" for any type of search there. I have tried both .txt and .csv custom files to no avail.

Am I doing something wrong here? Any tips on how to complete these updates?

Thanks,

Aaron

5 Replies 5

Aaron Dhiman
Level 2
Level 2

See attachment...

shane.orr
Level 4
Level 4

any luck with this, i have the same problem. Surely this kind of BAT job is pretty common so anyone out there have any ideas?

chrisdaniels
Level 1
Level 1

I had the same problem and even opened a tac case. I was told that custom files do not work that way. Here is the workaround I was given.

1) Go to Bulk Administration> Phones> Export Phones> All details.

2) Download exported file from Upload/Download files menu.

3) Modify the csv file,to add the corresponding values of user for each phone under the header "Owner User ID".

4) Upload the modified file with "Insert Phones-All details" option.

5) Bulk Administration> Phones> Insert Phones, select the option Insert Phones-All details,and select the "override existing configuration" checkbox, and submit the job.

It worked for me, hope this helps.

Chris

VERY VERY Interesting!!

I am hoping that this does not break any of my end user device assocastion. I guess I will BAT a few users as a test run.

Regardless thank you for sharing your experience. This was extremely helpful.

It did not effect anything on my devices. As you can see I was only updating the Owner User ID's. It should work with what you need to change also.

Best of luck.

Chris

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: