cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Upgrading ASA 5510 from 7.2 to 8.0 - what will change?

rstevek
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all,

I would like to upgrade our ASA 5510 from version 7.2 to version 8.0. Unfortunately, I don't have any spare ASA that I can test the new configuration on. So I'm just going to have to read the docs and fly blind.

I don't plan to change the configuration initially; just to upgrade the image. I will test new features like AnyConnect afterwards. Given that, should I expect any change in functionality? Aside from the fact that WebVPN's appearance will change, is there anything I need to warn our users/vendors/partners about?

We are currently using IPSEC (using Cisco VPN Client), SSL, and site-to-site VPNs.

Any advice is appreciated!

Thanks,

- Steve

3 Replies 3

deccankarthik
Level 1
Level 1

hi

Just copy of IOS 8.0 version to flash.Since it is ASA 5510 you can store the both the image (7.2 and 8.0)

Boot the system with 8.0

issue command like this (according to your IOS version) you can change

boot system disk0:/asa803-k8.bin

if find any problem you can restore your old IOS configuration modify the above command.

thanks

francisco_1
Level 7
Level 7

your configuration will not change. Best pratice is you backup your actual configuration before the upgrade.

see http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/ps6120/products_configuration_example09186a008067e9f9.shtml

Francisco.

Hi all,

Thanks for the responses. I actually did the upgrade yesterday.

The only things I've found so far that changed involved portal customization for WebVPN - there were some options turned on for "ordinary" users, such as the "Browse Networks" button and "Enter URL" field that were turned off before. Also, the Cisco Secure Desktop rules that determine who gets Cache Cleaner and who doesn't didn't come through. But that's all easily fixed.

Thanks,

- Steve

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card