3725 VoIP question

Unanswered Question
Nicholas Matthews Thu, 12/25/2008 - 08:23

Hi,

What you're looking for is called Callmanager Express (CME). It allows you to run up to ~100 phones on the 3725 without requiring a full Callmanager. For basic voicemail, you would want either something like the AIM-CUE or the NME-CUE (Cisco Unity Express) which is an AIM module on the motherboard and a NM card, respectively.

CME will run on any ipvoice image, and is configured via the telephony-service, ephone-dn, and ephone configurations.

Here's the administrator's guide:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucme/admin/configuration/guide/cmeadm.html

For POTS lines you would want a VIC2-2FXO or something similar. With CME, the FXO card, and a couple of phones, you could be running a full voice solution with minimal effort. You can take a look at the features available on CME, and nearly all of the standard Callmanager features are available.

hth,

nick

satcomer1968 Fri, 01/02/2009 - 06:55

The CME runs right on the router. An example setup I'm running at home is a Cisco 7960 IP phone registered to my 3745. I also have my Vonage soft phone account registered to the router allowing me to make calls out via SIP VoIP. I have an FXS module that provides another way to access the phone system. Hope this helps.

Actions

This Discussion