Views
Helpful
Replies

Changing Unity Exchange Partner

babatunde_sanda
Level 1
Level 1

Hello Colleagues,

I have a coming task of changing the current unity exchange partner. The current exchange server is being decommissioned. The OS, application and definitely service packs are going to be the same but new storage groups will be created for better administration on the new server. The OS = Win2003, Exchange version = 2003, Unity version = 4.x. I understand I have to run Message Store Wizard from the add/remove programs in windows to change the partner server to this new one.

Is there anything else I need to put into consideration? One of the forums said something about permission wizard. Do I need to run this too? Any information greatly appreciated.

Thank you.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Bradford Magnani
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Babatunde,

Yes, you'll need to re-run the Permissions Wizard while logged in as the domain admin account (typically UnityInstall if you've followed the install guide) which will set the proper permissions on the new mail stores prior to running the MSCW.

Hope this helps. If so, please rate.

Brad

View solution in original post

9 Replies 9

Bradford Magnani
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Babatunde,

Yes, you'll need to re-run the Permissions Wizard while logged in as the domain admin account (typically UnityInstall if you've followed the install guide) which will set the proper permissions on the new mail stores prior to running the MSCW.

Hope this helps. If so, please rate.

Brad

we already have a guide for that task, go thru it before doing anything

Changing the Partner Exchange Server

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/unity/42/upgrade/guide/ex/ru_060.html

Happy Holidays!!

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

Hello Guys,

This is actually the documentations I looked at. The documentation mentions nothing about the permission wizard.

Ok guys look at my plan let me have your take on it.

1. Make sure New exchange server is ready. Send internal and external mails to confirm send and receive capability.

2. Make sure both Unity and new exchange server have same service parks installed.

3.Log into Unity and stop all unity services.

4. Go to add and remove programs on Unity and run the Cisco Unity Message Store Configuration Wizard. Follow prompts till complete (following documentation guideline)

5. Restart Unity if requested by wizard (Either ways I will still restart it)

6. Test my phones. (Hope all goes well)

Cheers.

You also need to make sure that the new server and message stores have permissions.

Run Permissions Wizard before step 1

Hope this helps.

Randy

I know Brad already posted this step, however it was not in your steps.

Randy

Thanks for the input. Is there any implication apart from server performance issue if i run the permissions wizard just to report on the current permissions.

Believe me, if PW is not run messages will not be delivered to your new message store.

Send as Recieve as and other permissions have to be on the mail store and running PW will do that.

PW only gives permissions and does not take away. All permissions should still be set when you run it.

Randy

No, there will not not adverse effects by running PW in report mode. Permissions just will not be set, they'll only be read and reported back to you.

Brad

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: