CCNP Certification

Unanswered Question
Dec 25th, 2008

Once you pass the first test of the 4 (or 3 if you take the BCSI/BCMSN bundle), how long do you have to finish the other 3 (2) for it to count towards the same CCNP Cert?

Thanks ... Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!

I have this problem too.
0 votes
Overall Rating: 5 (2 ratings)
babatunde_sanda Fri, 12/26/2008 - 00:13

Once you pass the first, you have three years to pass the remaining three.

Hope this helps.

Pls rate.

fcwalmeida Tue, 01/06/2009 - 06:05

The Associate and Professional level test are valid for 36 months (if you are aproved).

Because of this you can take almost 3 years to preprare for each test.

Everytime you are aproved all of yours previous tests are renewed for more 36 months.

jrensink78 Tue, 01/06/2009 - 12:17

Actually, this is false. You cannot do anything to extend how long an individual test can count towards your CCNP. Once you pass a test, it will count towards earning your CCNP for 3 years. After that, it expires and you have to take it again.

As you start to pass your tests, you'll see in the Certification Tracking System when your individual tests expire. As you pass new tests, you'll see that the expiration date for your other CCNP tests won't change.

Now once you have earned the CCNP certification, it is good for 3 years. Passing a qualifying exam sometime during those 3 years will extend it 3 years from the date that you pass the test.

Hope this clears things up.

richard.m.gilbert Tue, 01/06/2009 - 14:17

Okay ... so if I understand it right, what your saying is that if I take and pass my BSCI, that test is good for 3 years. I take the BCMSN a year later, then pass the ONT and ISCW the next year, I become a CCNP because I passed all the tests within 3 years of finishing the BSCI. Right? Also, even though the BSCI test expires the same year that I obtained CCNP, that certification is good from 3 years of passing the last test and it doesn't matter that the BSCI becomes outdated shortly after finishing that last test?

Thanks,

Richard

jrensink78 Wed, 01/07/2009 - 05:46

You got it! Once you actually earn the CCNP, the certification is good for 3 years from the date that you passed your last test. It doesn't matter when any of the qualifying tests expire once you have earned the certification.

richard.m.gilbert Wed, 01/07/2009 - 20:19

Cool. So ... taking it a step further ... If I pass that BSCI the second time BEFORE the original BSCI expires, does my CCNP certification now begin on that date? Or, If I don't take the BSCI until after the original one expires does that mean my CCNP expiration date will not extend out from that day?

Does that make sense?

Thanks,

Richard

lejoe.thomas Wed, 01/07/2009 - 21:58

Hi Richard,

Your 3 years for CCNP begins the day you complete the requirements for the certification. (eg, all 4 exams, you take it in any order).

If you've written one exam or even 3 exams it doesnt matter. When you write the 4th exam (and pass it) and all 3 exams you wrote are still valid, thats the day your CCNP's 3 year validity begins.

Regarding recertification, take the test as close as possible to expiration date because your receritifed 3 years begins from the day you take the exam (and pass it) for recertification .

HTH

Lejoe

jrensink78 Thu, 01/08/2009 - 05:52

So once you actually earn your CCNP, you can totally ignore the expiration dates of the tests that you passed to earn the CCNP.

The CCNP has separate "recertification" requirements. Essentially, there is a very long list of tests that you can pass that will recertify your entrire CCNP certification for 3 years from the date that you pass one of them. You can see this list if you log into the Certification Tracking System.

Let let's say that you earn your CCNP over the next 2 years, and you pass your final test on January 1, 2011. Your CCNP will be valid until January 1, 2014. If at any time between Jan 1, 2011 and Jan 1, 2014 you pass a test that meets the requalification requirement for the CCNP, your CCNP will be good for 3 years from the date that you pass that new test.

For instance, if you decided to go for your CCVP after getting your CCNP. You get your CCNA-Voice and then start working on the CCVP tests. You pass your first CCVP test on August 1, 2011. Since the CCVP level tests will recertify your CCNP, your CCNP gets receritfied and its expiration date is moved out to August 1, 2014.

Hope this helps.

Actions

This Discussion