Views
Helpful
Replies

Meetingplace Express

alex goshtaei
Level 1
Level 1

Hi ALL,

our customer wants to use meetingplace Express as remote support solution. I know we can do desktop sharing, but how can I configure remote support for another user to take control of my PC?

thanks

1 Reply 1

Ginger Dillon
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi -

For MPE 2.0, these are the steps I tested:

1. The moderator sharing the desktop must have Full Web Session permissions; Presenter status; and the Presenter-Addin installed on the PC.

2. The other participant must also attend the web session and be a presenter or moderator.

3. The original presenter starts "Sharing" the Desktop.

4. The other participant now sees "Request Control" as an option in his or her web session.

5. Click the Request Control button.

6. The person sharing his desktop sees a message that control is being requested by the participant. He can accept or decline the request for control.

7. Once control is accepted, the other participant can now move the mouse on the person's desktop, open email, start a program etc.

8. While I expected to see "Stop Control" in the Pod Options (lower right-hand corner of screen) available, it was grayed out when I was sharing my desktop and someone else had control. But I found I could click Stop Sharing and this would terminate the control of my desktop.

Regards, Ginger

P.S. Here's a link that discusses - http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/meetingplace_express/2_0/english/user/guide/share.html#wp1036199

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: