cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cannot start Unity

babatunde_sanda
Level 1
Level 1

I just changed the passwords for the accounts in unity. Unityadmin, unitydirsvc, unityinstall, unitymsgstore. I restarted the server. Now Unity will not start. Its saying smething about login failure when i attempt to restatrt the services.

What else can I be looking at. Any help appreciated.

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Bradford Magnani
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Babatunde,

If you change the passwords to these accounts, this will directly affect the services that were using the old password credentials. You will need to re-run the Services Configuration Wizard in the Tools Depot and enter the new passwords for the accounts.

Hope this helps. If so, please rate.

Brad

View solution in original post

ranpierce
Level 6
Level 6

Run the service configuration wizard from tools depot on the desktop of the Unity server.

first is dirsrv. second is msgstore, and third is local system.

Hope this helps

Randy

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Bradford Magnani
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Babatunde,

If you change the passwords to these accounts, this will directly affect the services that were using the old password credentials. You will need to re-run the Services Configuration Wizard in the Tools Depot and enter the new passwords for the accounts.

Hope this helps. If so, please rate.

Brad

I just ran the Services Configuration Wizard. I then attempted to restart unity from the tray but it still fails. And when i try from the services.msc too it still says failure to start becuase of login

Ok guys after running the Services Configuration Wizard and Unity still didn't start, I went int the services.msc and manually changed all the passwords that I see is pointing to the domain accounts. I then restarted. Unity is up. Thanks guys.

ranpierce
Level 6
Level 6

Run the service configuration wizard from tools depot on the desktop of the Unity server.

first is dirsrv. second is msgstore, and third is local system.

Hope this helps

Randy

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: