cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Unity SQL Corrupt

steve.sarrick
Level 1
Level 1

It seems SQL is corrupt after a failed raid on my server. I cannot get SQL to start, it just hangs. Can I reinstall SQL without starting from scratch? Will it overright the database at that point? DIRT restore at that point? Any suggestions would be great.

2 Replies 2

Ginger Dillon
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi -

Here are my thoughts with the caveat that I would contact Cisco TAC to validate. Did you lose SQL the application or the databases as well? If the databases appear intact, I recommend taking a backup, including the default Microsoft Dbs. I have not experienced a complete catastrophic SQL failure, but have lost the UnityDb database before due to a failed SQL patch. In this case, I had been taking nightly SQL backups of my UnityDb. Working with Cisco TAC and OSQL commands, we disconnected UnityDb from SQL. We restored UnityDb from backup and then reconnected UnityDb using OSQL. This really saved me!!

Ginger

I was able to reinstall SQL MSDE and restore from a backup of the UnityDB. The only issue that I incurred was that the location reference in the Subscribers and the main DB did not match the server for some reason. I worked with TAC and they basically got a hex value from the SQL database and copied to the long hex value under the active voice key in regedit. These two varied slightly. You will know you have this issue because you will get a page not displayed when you click on the location, you will also get an error of cannot find the location when you try to bring up a subscriber. Since the customer had not ever had a DIRT backup this was the best case scenerio and I got lucky. Of course they have nightly recurring DIRT setup now!

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: