cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Something other than hyperterminal

EdmondsHOF
Level 1
Level 1

Does anybody have any suggestions of something I could download and use that isn't hyperterminal to configure my new equipment? Thanks,

J.D.

7 Replies 7

viyuan700
Level 5
Level 5

u can try Putty

I downloaded Putty and put in COM3 and it did the same thing, it says its connected but it just sits there, I hit enter, and still nothing is happening at all. I hope someone can help me from here.

So now it seems that it's not Hyperterminal that's the problem since Putty is doing the same thing. If anyone has any ideas that would really help me out. Thanks,

J.D.

r u using any USB to serial converter. can be problem with it (it gives u COM4 port i think).

have u installed driver for it.

I'm just using a console cable. I have only one COM port on my laptop, and I'm connecting the cable from that to the console port on the router and switch, and both are doing the same thing, nothing. I think it's a problem with my laptop somehow. It's really frustrating as I want to get working on this equipment.

How that console(blue cable)is connect to ur laptop.

Is it directly going to serial port on your laptop?

Or Is it first going to a USB to serial converter?

It's going directly to my laptop..

Get tera term . Its the best and its freeware. In your current setup the console may not be on the com port you think it is . Go into device manager under ports and verify the com port setting and where the operating system thinks it is . Make sure its setup as 9600,8,n,1 .

http://www.ayera.com/teraterm/

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: