cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Is there limitations for Cisco-3560 Switch

cisco__kaushik
Level 4
Level 4

Problem When we are connecting a 7206 vxr npe-G1 gig interface with a cisco 3650 swith's fastethernet packet starting drop when the trafics flowing from NPE g1 to Switch more than 40mb.

Is there any limitations that seitch fastethernet interfce can support only40 mb data

4 Replies 4

Joseph W. Doherty
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

What stats are using to measure the "more than 40mb"?

It's possible to have very bursty traffic encounter drops yet not see a high average data rate. If this is the case, and you're using FIFO, you might try increasing the outbound queue depth and see if the drops decrease.

It's also possible, with FIFO, to encounter multiple flows having synchronous tail drop. If this is the case, using WRED or WFQ might decrease the drops.

I can brief you.

we are measuring through command sh interface ......

case 1 )if 1 connect giga port ----- giga port ( both site like NPE g1 & swich site)

no drop

case 2 ) if npe g1 is giga port and switch site is fastethernet then drop start

I think qos will not help in this case

it may be a limitations but i am not getting the actual doc on this

glen.grant
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

You should not start seeing drops on a fast ethernet until it is running over 90% of its rated bandwidth . How are the interfaces set on each side ? If for some reason the 3560 negotiated a half duplex link then yes you might start seeing drops at about 40% .

I drought on this , if data flow 90% so other thing like routing protocol, keep alive, other stub wil take some b/w.

other parameter setting is ok

I think 45mb % max can flow with fastether port.

but I d'n;t have ant doc on this

if you have pl shara.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card