cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Unity Subscribers Page Problem

babatunde_sanda
Level 1
Level 1

After changing the Unity exchange partner, I am no longer able to see the contents of the profile page for subscribers (Where you have the name, phone number, alias). Every other thing seems to be working well. Just this. I initially thought it will take a while to sync with the active directory but hours later, I still can't see anything there. What can I do to resolve this? Any help appreciated.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

It probably has to do with you changing the password of the MsgStoreSvc account. Try this process and see if it helps:

Step 1 On the Cisco Unity server, on the Windows Start menu, click Programs > Administrative Tools > Component Services.

Step 2 In the right pane, expand Component Services > Computers > My Computer > COM+ Applications.

Step 3 Right-click Cisco Unity and click Properties.

Step 4 Click the Identity tab.

Step 5 Enter and confirm the new password.

Step 6 Click OK to save the changes, then close the Component Services window.

Step 7 If the Cisco Unity Administrator is open, close it.

Step 8 Reopen Cisco Unity Administrator and see if profile page is still blank

Hope this helps. If so, please rate.

Brad

View solution in original post

8 Replies 8

Bradford Magnani
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Glad to hear :)

Bradford Magnani
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Are there any errors in the application log when you try loading the profile page? Does it happen with all subscribers? You may want to do a "View Source" on the page that's blank and look for any error codes toward the bottom of the page. I would also try restarting the WWWP service and if that doesn't help, try giving the server a reboot. This guide may also be helpful for setting traces:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/voicesw/ps2237/products_tech_note09186a00801ba0ef.shtml#pp1

Brad

This maybe easy, which account are you logged on as? Unityadmin?

Randy

Hello Guys,

Sorry didn't get reply sooner. I already restarted the server several times and restarted IIS which includes restarting WWWP too. This didn't help. I just noticed though in the eventlog this message(DCOM got error "Logon failure: unknown user name or bad password. " and was unable to logon Juno_Juno\UnityMsgStoreSvc in order to run the server) I reset this all 4 account passwords yesterday before I changed the partner. So I don't know why I get this message (will look into it though). OH! yes I tried UnityInstall, UnityAdmin and even my log-on which all have domain admin rights. I also have to be in the server using vnc to manage it. Lost IIS rights. I know where that is though (COS on Unity) but am more concerned about the profile page now.

Thanks.

It probably has to do with you changing the password of the MsgStoreSvc account. Try this process and see if it helps:

Step 1 On the Cisco Unity server, on the Windows Start menu, click Programs > Administrative Tools > Component Services.

Step 2 In the right pane, expand Component Services > Computers > My Computer > COM+ Applications.

Step 3 Right-click Cisco Unity and click Properties.

Step 4 Click the Identity tab.

Step 5 Enter and confirm the new password.

Step 6 Click OK to save the changes, then close the Component Services window.

Step 7 If the Cisco Unity Administrator is open, close it.

Step 8 Reopen Cisco Unity Administrator and see if profile page is still blank

Hope this helps. If so, please rate.

Brad

Thanks Brad. You are the best. It works now. I knew it was something simply (But I didn't know that pointer). Thank you. I was just glad the system is working after the partner change and was ready to go home and continue later today considering all the upgrades I had to do.

You guys made my job a lot easier. Thank you Brad. Thank you Randy.

Cheers.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: