cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

AS5400XM on Ciscoworks LMS 3.0

benjo.rulloda
Level 1
Level 1

Hi! Our client wants to monitor the actual temperature status of their AS5400XM through Ciscoworks. Problem is when I go through Ciscoview and right click on the device and go to the menu where I can find the temperature status, no value appeared. But when I telnet to the device and type in show environment, I can see the temperature in degrees Celsius. Is this possible with Ciscoworks? Do I need to update a module in order to see the temperature status and even set an email notification if possible regarding its status?

Appreciate your help on this.

3 Replies 3

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

The only application which does temperature monitoring is DFM. It can alert you when the temperature crosses a threshold.

Simply add the device to DFM, and it will start monitoring the environment settings. You can adjust the relative temperature threshold under DFM > Configuration > Polling and Thresholds > Managing Thresholds.

Hi Joe,

Would it be possible for Ciscoworks to monitor the real time temperature status of the AS5400XM? Will DFM be able to show it? With regards to DFM, it would only notify the client once it hits the temperature threshold that was set, right?

No, DFM will not show the temperature value. Yes, it will only alert when the temperature has crossed a preset threshold.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Innovations in Cisco Full Stack Observability - A new webinar from Cisco