Views
Helpful
Replies

Problem with: Cisco VPN-Client / Mac OS X / Aladdin eToken

blacky6767
Level 1
Level 1

Hi *,

I have a problem getting my Aladdin USB eToken (using Aladdin eToken PKI-Client (formerly 'RTE') 4.55.44) up and running with Cisco VPN client (4.9.01.0100) under Mac OS X (10.5.6): The certificate on the eToken does not show up in the "certificates" tab of the VPN client and therefor I cannot establish a connection. If it helps: The certificates DO show up in Mac OS X' keychain access app while the Token is pluged in. So maybe the VPN client does not get the certificate information from the correct place?

For comparision: With Windows (XP SP3) everything works (of course ;-) fine (Aladdin eToken RTE 3.6.5, Cisco VPN client 4.8.01.0300).

Any help is appreciated. Thanks.

1 Reply 1

blacky6767
Level 1
Level 1

one additional information:

If I export my certificate from the eToken (either via the Aladdin eToken properties or the native Mac OS X Keychain Access), import it manually into the Cisco VPN client and try to setup the VPN connection, the "Certificate Authentication" select box on the "Authentication" tab remains empty (i.e. the certificate imported earlier does not show up here nor in the "Certificates" tab).

(On my Windows XP, the certificate automagically is selected in the "Certificate Authentication" select box (and appears in the "Certificate" tab) as soon as the eToken is plugged in)

Maybe this helps in helping me :)

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: