cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Unity Languages loaded

askq2forum
Level 1
Level 1

Under GUSI I see that there are serveral languages loaded:ENG,DAN,SVE,DEU,NLD,NOR,ENZ

However under the directory \commserver\localise\prompts I only see the following sub directories for prompts DAN, ENG, DEU and ENU .

Can I take it that GUSI is wrong and that I only have the four languages loaded as per the commserver directory (no TUI access to test this)??

Regards...Jag

5 Replies 5

lindborg
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

GUSI wrong?!? Perish the thought!

GUSI pulls the language information from the registry, which is where Unity checks as well - it's looking in "HKLM\Software\Active Voice\SystemParameters\1.0\TUI Languages Loaded" in this case - there will be a commas seperated list of 3 letter language codes in that key.

Presumably this means those other languages (ENZ, NOR, SVE and NOR in this case) were installed at one point and were probably not removed properly leaving the references in the registry but not on the drive.

The Unity conversation will attempt to load a prompt from a language path and if it fails it'll fall back to the default TUI language (ENU usually). That'll only happen if you have users assigned to one of those languages, however. The caller wont notice anything (unless ENU is not what they were expecting to hear) but there will be errors in the event log.

sir, thank you for your reply - top notch as always.

So because the language does not have a file structure in the commserver\localise\prompts directory is it ok to assume that the languages are not loaded and the subscriber will hear the default language?....Regards, Jaginder.

the default TUI language will always play - no worries there, but if it were me I'd make sure those languages do not show up in the SA's language page (if they do, move them out of the active language list) - it'd be good to make sure you don't have any users or handlers assigned to any of those languages. It wont cause failures to the callers but it'll clutter the logs up which is not ideal.

Jeff, if I need those additional languages (that are in the SA page and GUSI but not in localise prompts directory) then do i have to run CUICA again to add those?

though not Jeff, I believe I can field this one for you (having just added language -post-install). Yes, CUICA needs to be ran and the language option that you want to add selected. This is covered under the Upgrading Cisco Unity document for your version.

One thing I would caution is: make sure you have a solid backup. (the Unity one can be used -in Untity Tools Depot).