Forgot username?

Unanswered Question
Dec 29th, 2008

Hi! Today I have tried to create a web account at Vue website, but after completing all the fields, it told me that I have already registered. Unfortunately I don't remember when I have registered (if ever), so I have called the EMEA support. After providing the details they asked, they told me that their records show another home address, which is really strange because I have never moved. They told me to contact Cisco. What should I do in order to get to my account? I do not have any Cisco ID and I have never took any Cisco Exam.

I have this problem too.
0 votes
Overall Rating: 0 (0 ratings)
scottmac Mon, 12/29/2008 - 07:44

It sounds like someone else already had that account name.

Have you tried other names?

Also, when Cisco dropped ProMetric the testing and certification tracking accounts were moved (and integrated) into the Vue system.

If you had an account in the Prometric system, perhaps it was carried into the Vue system? or perhaps someone else's was and the information overlapped?

It's really hard to say. If you can set up another account, that would seem to be the easiest way to go.

Good Luck

Scott

bogdan.alecu Mon, 12/29/2008 - 08:05

How should I try other name? One of the question on support was my e-mail address and tthat address was correct. I can not find an e-mail contact (or phone number) to Cisco support for this type of problem on the support page of Cisco. Maybe someone knows how to contact Cisco for my problem.

Actions

This Discussion