cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

2821 Scenario

justinmspeer
Level 1
Level 1

Please excuse my ignorance, but one must start somewhere. Am I correct in thinking that I could potentially have a 2821 Router with an AIM-CUE, an appropriate AIM-VPN module, a NM-16ESW-PWR module, an EVM-HD module with a FXO expansion, and a HWIC-AP-G-A. With those items, I would have one device that would encompass Voicemail, auto-attendant, translation between PoE IP phones and some number of analog phone lines, the ability to VPN in to the site, and have a wireless access point? Thanks in advance for your insight.

JS

2 Replies 2

Brandon Buffin
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

JS,

Yes, the ISR routers are built to perform multiple functions as you suggest. One thing to keep in mind is that you will need Callmanager Express running on the 2821 or a Callmanager for the phones to register to to provide call signaling.

Hope this helps.

Brandon

I agree with Brandon, one thing to keep in mind though is single point of failure for all of your components. If you can afford it then you are golden.

Chris

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: