Unity 7.02 getting error on secondary

Unanswered Question
Dec 29th, 2008
User Badges:
  • Silver, 250 points or more

I get this error on the secondary almost everyday.

Event Type: Error

Event Source: CiscoUnity_AuthenticationMgr

Event Category: Run

Event ID: 1000

Date: 2008/12/21

Time: 21:23:39

User: N/A

Computer: FDSVAST11SIPV6

Description:

Error from Win32 call to LookupAccountName: error 0x800706FC The trust relationship between the primary domain and the trusted domain failed.

We only have one domain and it looks like an NT4 error.

I have heard that removing the server from the domain and then readding it might fix this.

Can you even do that with a Unity server?

Randy

Overall Rating: 0 (0 ratings)
Ginger Dillon Tue, 12/30/2008 - 11:16
User Badges:
  • Blue, 1500 points or more

Hi Randy -

When your post said it looks like an NT4 error, did you mean you have a Windows NT domain? Only asking because adding a Unity server to NT domain not supported since version 4.2 ... Could there be an old/dead trust still hanging around in the AD forest? I noticed a bunch of Windows NT incompatibilities by doing a little research on microsoft.com with account permissions between Windows NT and Windows 2000 or later when trusts are involved. I don't think removing Unity from the domain is supported, much like moving it to a new domain, which requires reinstall. My thinking on this is you would remove Unity from domain, delete computer account, re-add Unity to domain, now have new computer SID history etc. By the way, Happy New Years!!

Ginger

ranpierce Tue, 12/30/2008 - 13:00
User Badges:
  • Silver, 250 points or more

Hi Ginger,

Thanks for replying, I though no one ever would.

We are not an NT domain and never have since I have been here. I am sure that they were before I got here though. I will look into the lingering trust issue.

I did not think that removing the Unity from the domain is supported either. I did try it in my lab and have not seen anything wrong as of yet. I removed it. rebooted, and readded and rebooted. It seems to be working.

I will let everyone know what I find out.

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year Ginger.

Randy

Actions

This Discussion