cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

LMS 3.0.1 / ACS 4.1 Integration

leon_carson
Level 1
Level 1

I have installed LMS 3.0.1 on a new server to replace an existing 2.6 installation. In the ACS Mode Setup screen, should I check the box to register all installed applications with ACS? Or should I leave it un-checked.

I'm concerned the current ACS settings for LMS applications will be over-written and I will have to configure all settings again.

If possible I would like LMS 3.0.1 to use the same ACS configuration that worked for 2.6.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

The old LMS 2.6 will still continue to function just fine. However, in order for LMS 3.0 to work, you must register its applications, tasks, and roles to ACS as well.

Note: once the registration is done, you may have to reconfigure some roles that you had already configured for LMS 2.6.

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

If this is the first time you have integrated LMS 3.0.1 with this ACS server, you MUST check that box. It is not possible to use the existing LMS 2.6 configuration as there are many new tasks, and even a new role in LMS 3.0.1 that must be registered with ACS for proper operation.

Thanks for the response, Mr. Clarke.

Just to clarify...we cannot have two separate LMS installations (2.6 & 3.0.1) integrated with ACS?

The old LMS will not function when we register the new LMS applications?

The old LMS 2.6 will still continue to function just fine. However, in order for LMS 3.0 to work, you must register its applications, tasks, and roles to ACS as well.

Note: once the registration is done, you may have to reconfigure some roles that you had already configured for LMS 2.6.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: