Views
Helpful
Replies

3845 router Modular QOS on ATM sub-interface

anasubra_2
Level 1
Level 1

Hi All,

We were trying to configure Modular QOS on an ATM sub-interface in output direction on a Cisco 3845 router and we get an error message stating CBWFQ not supported on sub-interfaces.The sample config as below

policy-map x

class w

priority percent 20

class y

bandwidth percent 10

We have class-map configured appropriately.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Regards

Anantha Subramanian Natarajan

4 Replies 4

Joseph W. Doherty
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

QoS will need to "know" the bandwidth of the subinterface to accept the QoS service policy.

(I've often worked with ATM vbr-nrt PVCs that define the subinterface's bandwidth and support a service policy in the subinterface's PVC section.)

Hi Josephdoherty,

Thanks for the response.... Actually we tried to configure the service-policy under the PVC statement on that subif and also the router takes that config but it doesn't show in the config.

Any idea on that

Thank you

Regards

Can't say for sure in your case, but I have seen service policies appear to be accepted but not show in the config if they have explicit bandwidths that are more than the interface supports. If you apply the policy from a telnet connection you won't see an error although I've seen the error appear on the console and router log.

In your sample, though, you're using percentages and this should avoid the issue I just described.

Hi Josephdoherty,

Thanks

Regards

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: