cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CER notification over web

satishy_2
Level 1
Level 1

what is all required to setup the web based notification for CER ?

any help will be appreciated.

5 Replies 5

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Can you elaborate what you mean by web based?

The only notifications I am aware of are phone call, and/or email.

HTH,

Chris

Chris,

I am talking about CER alert page. see below from CER User guide.

This section provides a brief overview of what happens when someone places an emergency call:

•Someone places an emergency call

•Cisco ER receives the call and forwards it to the public safety answering point (PSAP) for your area.

•At the same time, Cisco ER calls you on your telephone, alerts you that an emergency call was placed, and provides you with the extension of the caller. Depending on how your administrator sets up your system, you might also receive an e-mail message or an e-mail page containing the caller's extension, the Emergency Response Location (ERL) name, and the time of the emergency call.

•Information about the emergency call also appears on the Emergency Call Alert page. This information includes the time and date of the emergency call, the extension of the caller, the ERL name, and the phone location. Additional details about the caller's location, such as the complete physical address for the ERL and the port name, are displayed when you click on a call record.

Correct, so the alert can come in to you in two forms: a phone call or/and email as described above.

The web portion is accessible from the CER admin or user page where you can look at the emergency call history.

HTH,

Chris

Thanks Chris.

So do i need to give some special access to user or the web access is enabled by default for everyone. I was thinking that it may need some sort of pluggin.

My requirement is to provide the web access to the security personnel so that they know immediately whenever anyone dial 911.

Thanks

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: