CCVP and Windows server 2000

Unanswered Question
Dec 30th, 2008

Helo people ...

Do i need to know windows server 2000/3 or certs like MCSA by ne chance to pass CCVP .. i appreciate ur help !!

I have this problem too.
0 votes
Overall Rating: 0 (0 ratings)
Brandon Buffin Tue, 12/30/2008 - 08:36

If you're taking 642-444 which is based on CCM 4.x, you'll need some basic knowledge of W2K such as setting up DHCP, navigating the Windows environment, etc. If you're taking 642-446, it will be based on the Linux based appliance environment. In either case, MCSA or other certs are not required.

Hope this helps.

wazz.31101981 Tue, 12/30/2008 - 14:27

Coshe it has helped me n lemme tell u something ure awesome !!

Now i have two more questions whre i need ur help as well please ..

What abt CCSP .. does tht depend on third party certs like MCSA/E .. cuz i feel it shud but m not sure ???

Also .. do u recommend goin for CCSP after finishing CCNP or is it ok to go jus after CCNA ..

nd fr ur CCIE LAB exam :)

All the Best !

wazz.31101981 Wed, 12/31/2008 - 17:11

Alrighty ... Sir ..nd finally... m in london dese days whre the market for CCSP is quite good in terms of finding a job . Unlike India whre thre is a good market for voice .... ving said that .. out of the three concentrations ie voice , sec , wireless ... which one do u suggest is the wave of the future ...

Cheers .. thank u !

Brandon Buffin Thu, 01/01/2009 - 08:00

I believe voice and security will both continue to be areas that are in demand. I think it really comes down to what interests you the most and what you would enjoy doing on a daily basis.

wazz.31101981 Thu, 01/01/2009 - 22:28

Dear MR.Buffin

On a scale of 1 to 10 .. which certification would u rate the most difficult or easy (among voice , security and wireless ).

may be m asking a vague question but still i believe that u have the answer !!

as always !

thnk u !

Brandon Buffin Fri, 01/02/2009 - 05:36

It depends on your interest and experience. I would find voice easier because it's where I've chosen to focus my time and attention. You may find security to be easier if it's what you know. I recommend that you focus on the certification that matches your interest and experience.

Hope this helps.

wazz.31101981 Fri, 01/02/2009 - 23:17

I think ure actually right about tht .. well i havent got ne experience in networkin but ve read networking basics at college .. but still it forbids me to make an assesment .. or may be when m finished with CCNA ... n then i can make a chioce ...

hw abt tht ???

Brandon Buffin Mon, 01/05/2009 - 05:16

As you're finishing your CCNA, I would recommend looking for a position that will allow you to gain some experience. This should help you determine which path most interests you and would be most beneficial to your career.

leopastor Mon, 01/05/2009 - 06:13

BTW, regarding your original question, have you decided what track are you going to study? Cisco Unified Callmanager or Cisco Unified Communications Manager (v6)??

wazz.31101981 Thu, 02/26/2009 - 21:31

Hi .. i know too late a reply ..

Well m jus preparing for ccna dese days nd m nt wise enough to make that decision .. i will probably go for the one which is third party certification independent .. like mcse/a , linux .. etc .. any further suggestions are appreciated ..

i hope m clear n thanks in advance !

leopastor Fri, 02/27/2009 - 05:19

I meant what CCVP track are you going to go!

Anyway, if you are preparing for CCNA, you still have time to decide that.

BTW, MCSE is NOT independent, it is a Microsoft certification.

wazz.31101981 Fri, 02/27/2009 - 12:49

Hi ...

ok may be i was not clear but by third party independent certification i meant a cisco certification which is third party certification independent .. like some voice tracks in cisco do want u to know windows server .. dont they ..

Also , according to ur experience n prediction .. wht do u suggest is the most in demand and will be certification among voice , wireless n

security concentrations .. gud question ?? :)

This Discussion