cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

User Tracking not discovering IP Phones

acarnegie
Level 1
Level 1

I am having problems getting User Tracking to discover the IP phones on my network. I am using LMS 3.0 with Campus Manager 5.0.4 and my Call Managers are version 6.1.2.

My call managers are discovered correctly in Topology Services and I have carried out a data collection and host acquisition but still get no IP Phones being discovered. Does User Tracking still use the CCM-PhoneTable SNMP OID as this doesn't appear to be supported on my version of Call Manager?

5 Replies 5

acarnegie
Level 1
Level 1

Some further information:

The IP addresses of the phones are being discovered but are being added to the UT database as standard hosts with no IP phone information.

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

The ccmPhoneTable is required for UT to be able to recognize IP phones. The CISCO-CCM-MIB is supported in CCM 6.1.2. What happens when you try to walk this table from the LMS SNMP Walk utility? For the record, the OID is 1.3.6.1.4.1.9.9.156.1.2.1.

Thanks jclarke,

Walking the MIB was failing, I have however found the problem the SNMP feature service on the call manager had been turned off. I have turned it back on and have correctly discovered all my IP phones.

how can I get this ccmPhoneTable.. I am facing issue with IP phone discovery. I have added call manager in Cworks & its green in color but not able to get IP phone information.

If you've already verified the Call Manager's SNMP service is running, then you should start a new thread for your issue.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: