cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Need to load image on 3750 remotely

jwilliams
Level 1
Level 1

I have a 3750 at a remote location. I have it connected to an Avocent console server, so I can access it via the console. It currently has no image on it and only loads to the boot loader.

I know that typically I could load an image through xmodem, but I don't think I have that as an option with the console server.

I have the switch connected to another 3750 with a stack cable. Is there a way that I can push the image through this?

Or does anyone know how I can use xmodem with the Avocent?

Thanks.

Jason

3 Replies 3

Collin Clark
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Jason-

If you ever figure out how to xmodem via the Avocents, please post it. We use them too and I have not figured that out yet. On to your issue. If you type dir all, you should see the file systems for all the switches in the stack. Then copy from one file system to another.

copy flash3:/c3750-ipservicesk9-mz.122-35.SE2.bin flash1:/c3750-ipservicesk9-mz.122-35.SE2.bin

Hope that helps.

Since the bad switch will only load into the boot loader, the good switch in the stack is not seeing it as a member.

Yup you're right, sorry about that. Have you tried the auto-upgrade command? Here's a link on it and other troubleshooting tips.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/hw/switches/ps5023/products_configuration_example09186a00804799d7.shtml

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card